- Kellie Blake RDN, LD, IFNCP
Quinoa Pesto Dinner Bowl
Dinner doesn’t have to be complicated! I love creating different combinations to put in one dish. I choose plant-based proteins, loads of veggies, and some healthy fat. Top it with a tasty sauce and mix it all together! Boom, dinner is served!
Check out this quinoa pesto bowl
2 cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 c quinoa, prepared per package directions
1 head cauliflower, chopped
1 lb Brussels sprouts
6 small multi-colored bell peppers
Olive oil for sauteing
1 avocado, sliced
For the pesto:
3 cups spinach
1/4 cup walnuts
1 garlic clove
Salt to taste
1 drop Young Living lemon essential oil (or juice from 1/2 lemon)
1/4 c water (omit if using lemon juice)
3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1/4 c olive oil
1. Prepare quinoa per package directions.
2. In a large sauté pan, add olive oil, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and peppers - sauté until soft.
3. To make the pesto, add spinach, garlic, lemon, nutritional yeast, and olive oil to a food processor and blend until the desired consistency is reached.
4. Add beans, quinoa, and veggies to a large bowl, top with pesto and avocado.
The combinations are endless with these types of dinners. Mix and match and you'll be getting amazing flavor AND tons of nutrients!
If you want to learn how to add more nutritious foods to your diet, contact us for a free 15 minute phone consultation. Food is the answer for prevention and treatment of most chronic medical problems.
#quinoadishes #PestoDishes #Dinnerbowls #functionalnutrition #Dietitianapproved #Dietitian #healthymeals #Avocado #vegetarianoptions #vegansalad