- Kellie Blake RDN, LD, IFNCP
Why Wait for Taco Tuesday?
We love Mexican food at our house! Before making the necessary lifestyle changes to reverse my autoimmune disease, we would eat out at our favorite Mexican restaurant once per week. I have a weakness for tortilla chips and salsa, but have to be careful about eating refined carbohydrate, especially processed products made with corn. Mikey's tortillas are a great option as they have only 7 simple ingredients. They're gluten-free, grain-free, dairy free, soy free, paleo, and vegan!
Instead of waiting for taco Tuesday, we made some simple Saturday tacos! By using basic, healthy ingredients, we made an awesome, flavorful dinner loaded with nutrients that definitely fits into my meal plan. I don't have to sacrifice anything! Thank you Mikey's for the free samples!
Shredded Chicken Street Tacos - allergen friendly, gluten-free
4 Mikey's Tortillas
10 oz chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 cup shredded green cabbage
1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
2 carrots, grated
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
2 tsp olive oil
1 lime, juiced
Hot sauce, to taste
1/2 avocado, sliced
1. Shred chicken and vegetables.
2. Add shredded vegetables to bowl and toss with olive oil and lime juice.
3. Add warm chicken to bowl and toss with spices, set aside.
4. If tortillas are still frozen, remove from package and microwave on low for a few moments to separate. Heat grill or non-stick saute pan and warm tortillas.
5. Add chicken and toppings, finish with some hot sauce and avocado.
If you want to try this recipe, or your own, use this link for a $2 off coupon code. For more feel-good recipes, sign up for a FREE 3-day trial of our meal plans, no credit card required. Check them out here or go to our customized meal plans page.
#simplehealthydinners #mikeystortillas #Healthyfood #Simpleingredients #Easyrecipes #goodfood #Tastyfood #functionalnutrition #Nutritious #delicious