This recipe is a little spicy and a little sweet - perfect combination!
1 lb chicken breasts, cubed
1 red onion, cut into chunks
1 yellow onion, cut into chunks
3 multi-colored bell peppers, cut into chunks
1/2 cup PALEOCHEF peach bbq sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp salt
1. Mix the bbq sauce, olive oil, cumin, cayenne pepper, turmeric and salt in a large bowl.
2. Add the chicken, onions and bell peppers to the bowl and mix well. Marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (or these can be made on the grill).
4. Alternate the chicken, onions, and bell peppers on the skewers
5. Bake for 25 minutes, rotate the skewers and bake again for 15 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached.
I complete this meal with a green vegetable and cauliflower rice. It's great for dinner, but also can be reheated for lunch!